unit 3

P1

Liverpool Culture Event

Name of the event: Back to the roots.

Location: Bill Shankly Playing Fields, West Derby

Organiser: Sean Creevy partnered with Circus events.

Date: Saturday 12th May 2021.

Time: 12pm to 6pm

Brief Introduction:

This event is going to be a trial day for grass roots football and a presentation of awards at the end. This event will be based on the amateur football league of Liverpool that will trial out footballers who want to get into a grass roots team and also grass roots footballers who want to go further.

Purpose

This events purpose is to hopefully promote our local teams and support the cities grassroots football. We have personally invited potential sponsors so that they can invest their time and money into the different clubs and this event will prove that these sponsors if they wish to sponsor the teams they haven’t wasted their time. Furthermore, it will help those children who don’t have a football team but do want one to be able to get involved and hopefully get themselves in a team. In addition to this, we have invited numerous scouts for different professional clubs to the event and this will give the players a chance to express themselves and maybe get something from football.

In the event

There will be many ex-footballers attending the event. For example: Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney and many more. To this event all people are welcome, and invitations will be given out to all of the grass roots football teams whereby the whole team is allowed to attend or they can nominate representatives. This event will hopefully bridge the gap between the different communities in Liverpool as football is the most popular sport and everyone can come together and have a good day out. The age groups will be U16s.

Medium

I want to create a print advertisement such as, a poster, billboard, flyers and leaflets and an online website. It will be shown on numerous social media platforms, hopefully on pages that has a good amount of followers so that I can get the brands awareness up, predominantly sports pages with followers within the region that could actually attend the event and if they are on a sporting page then they are more likely to come to the event than followers of a different page. it will also be published as a physical copy and put on different banners around the region for people to notice as they go past. The website would be published on the world wide web for all people to be able to access and receive any information needed. I want there to be no images that cold be copyrighted.

Target audience

The target audience of this event will be anyone who is willing to donate to a good cause and a parent of a child who might be interested in playing and someone who might potentially want to play. Furthermore, it could be coaches/managers of teams who may want to get involved in this event.

·         Budget: The whole budget is £400,000. This will be for the funding of events and other linked features.

Ø  £100,000-celebrities (ex-footballers etc.)

Ø  £10,000-footballing facilities (field, goals, balls etc.)

Ø  £20,000-fun fair (a small fair ground for the neutrals)

Ø  £6,000-trophies and medals

Ø  £100,000-sponsors

Ø  £8,566-catering

Ø  £10,000-hiring benches, tables etc.

Ø  £15,000- volunteers, staff etc.

P2

My proposal is for an advertisement of a sporting event that I will be holding for grassroots football, I will create a poster because I think that it is best suitable for my campaign as it will be easy for me to advertise the date, time and venue with images and a brief introduction of what the event will consist.

It will contain: images took by myself, graphics and text


My proposal will include numerous codes and conventions including text to annotate the point that I'm trying to get across.


The content of my poster will include images, that will demonstrate what the topic of this advertisement is and it will show text and graphics to be able to give direct information about the event giving the audience a whole understanding of the event and where they can find out more. 


The target audience of this event will be anyone who is willing to donate to a good cause and a parent of a child who might be interested in playing and someone who might potentially want to play. Furthermore, it could be coaches/managers of teams who may want to get involved in this event.


I will take the images on my smartphone and upload them to a Photoshop  page where I will edit it and create graphics and text to it to make it look professional and also to give relevant information.


This poster will be published on many different things such as, social media pages like Instagram and snapchat but also the physical copy will be places in the surrounding area of the venue.


For the actual products I will take numerous amounts of pictures to be placed on it and because of these many images I will also make numerous different copies and then publish the best one that I think will look the most professional and attractive for my target audience to view and interest them into attending and donating to the event. Once I have picked the best one I will publish it onto many platforms if social media so that it increase the awareness of the event and hopefully attracts my target market.

MOOD BOARD

This is a mood board of Liverpool being a city of culture and all of the different reasons why Liverpool is a city of culture. This helped me with my event as it helped me how to plan the event and advertise it

The location that I will be taking my images at will be on a football pitch of people who have gave consent for me to take these images and use them on my product.

These are mu sample materials that I have drawn based off of my proposal. It shows a mind map of all the possible products I could make and a working rough of each of the products.

P3

Gant chart
Image

This is the gant chart that shows the time schedule for everything I have done in this unit.



This is my working rough for my poster that I have created and this is my home page thumbnail for my website.

  

These working roughs were a part of the planning part of the websites, poster and billboard. These help me make a successful final product.





These are a few of the images that i have chose to use on my website, these images all have myself in them.

P4

This is my poster that I have created to advertise my event. I made this on adobe photoshop where I added a green background that gives the effect of a football pitch and then added an image of a football that further allows the audience to know the genre of this poster and finally I added different selling lines in order for the user to get direct information on the event in question and where they can get more information about the event.


This is the link to my published website that I have created as part of my marketing campaign for my event.
This is the billboard I have created



P5

 

This is my working rough of a wire frame of my website with basic thumbnails of what each page will look like and where the links will direct the user to.


This is the link to a questionnaire that asks questions about the presentation. It is important to do a questionnaire because it gives me feedback on what went well with the presentation and what I could improve if I was to do another one and it also allows me to determine who will and won't be attending the event.

FEEDBACK

I will receive feedback off people who go through the questionnaire above, it allows me to determine what went well with the presentation and what I could improve if I was to do another one and it also allows me to determine who will and won't be attending the event.

M1

I believe that I have met the client brief through the content that I have created, the way that I have distributed it because the client brief explains that they want to emphasise the purpose of the event and I feel like I have matched by following the purpose, time, date of the event and letting the audience know why they are doing this. The client brief states about the demographic that I need to attract and I have ensured that the products that I have created to for one attract the target audience and be appropriate for them as the target audience has a wide age range so I need to be extra careful about the language I use. I also have met the client brief by creating the content and products that the organiser wanted to be created, I may have used my own experience by using the fact that they wanted the products to be advertised on social media so I have decided to create a social media platform for them to use and advertise themselves.

DISTRIBUTION

My product will be distributed to the public by printing numerous pages of the poster/leaflet and posting them around the city region so that any member of the public passing by will see it. I will also use face-to-face communication, this could be by going to see the teams directly and inviting them to the event and letting them know of the purpose. Social media will be a big way of distributing the product because it is a cost-effective way of advertising as it is free to have an account, however, I can pay them for promotions. Social media allows for the brand awareness to increase and also for the exposure of the event and the reasons behind why we are putting this event together.

M2 LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES

There are many legal and ethical issues that I need to be aware of when I create my products. For example: copyright, this is a legislation that was introduced in 1911 and it gives its owner the exclusive right to make copies of a creative work, usually for a limited time. The creative work may be in a literary, artistic, educational, or musical form. This is why I have decided to use my own images with myself in them instead of using someone else and having to ask for permission to use the product.

Another legal and ethical issue that I need to be aware of is that we will need to have first aid and medical members on stand by because in football injuries are common and this is why it is necessary that we have them on stand by so they can help our players that are hurt.

M4

The strengths of my product are that we are using the opportunity and the position that I am in to give back to the community, I have seen first hand the poor facilities these football teams have and I want to change this and this event allows me to make money and gain sponsors that help fund better facilities for each grassroots football team in the city and as we grow hopefully nationally, I am the organiser of the events and the owner of this non-profit organisation. The weaknesses of this event is that it is not guaranteed that I will get the money to help make the contribution and this is why we push so much for donations. The exported media meets the client brief because the client brief says that the organiser doesnt want the images used to be copyrighted in any way and this means that they will have to be our own images and I have done this by using images took of myself.


THEORIST

Giroux views show how the youth are mistreated within the media. Describing them as an empty category explains that adults do not really understand what it is like to be a youth in this generation, therefore they project their own ideas of what they believe the representation is. This is why we are doing this campaign because we want to get rid of this ideology of the youth and one way of doing this is getting them off the streets and get them playing football and hopefully achieving their dream.

EVIDENCE

There are many different pieces of software that I have used to create the content. For example: for the logo and poster/leaflet, I used photoshop to create this content. I used photoshop because it enabled me to exploit my abilities and use the tools provided to express my ideas on how I want the products to be made. The different tools allowed me to create different colour schemes, I used the colours green, white and gold to try get across the theme of the product to the audience and enabled me to create different graphics that suited my campaign. For the website I used the online software wix, this software enables users to create an account and then create a website of their choice. This software allowed me to create links to different pages and also different products that we have created. It enabled me to use different layouts and colour schemes to create the theme of football and it allowed me to add all the relevant information the audience needs to know of and anything they can interact with.








Comments

  1. Ok good so far Sean. Can you discuss what kind of print products you will be making in more detail - in terms of an ad campaign it has to be more than a poster. Maybe billboards, flyers etc - need more info on these areas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see updates Sean. Crop your photos in Photoshop or on your phone and make them a little bigger.
    Thumbnails are looking really good, add a little more info about colour, textures . logo etc then translate them in InDesign.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KNOW IT 249

masthead font