Print Media

 I chose this poster as it is a UK poster that was published during the first World War. It is an image of Lord Kitchener pointing at the viewer of the poster, saying "join your country's army". This is saying to the viewer to join the army to fight in World War 1. It is advertising the war and wanting people to join the army and fight for their country. However, it is not mentioning anything about the lifestyle, conditions and the likelihood of death within war. If I had noticed this poster at the time of the publish then I would probably join the war because as it says "god save the king" gives the idea of being a hero and therefore would intrigue me into joining the army and saving the King.
 This poster is a vintage Michelin poster, that shows the 'Michelin man'. This poster is advertising the tire company Michelin and was published in 1941 in Paris, France. It shows the Michelin Man, with a woman standing in front of him that seems to be holding a circle and a tangled circle, these circles can be metaphors for tires, that is stating that Michelin tires are the ones to have because they give 'cycle cover' over another named tire company. If I was to see this poster at the time of it being published I would consider using this tire company because it seems a reliable poster as it has example of a strong tire over a worn out tire that could be from another company.

  This poster is a poster that is advertising the TV series 'Stranger Things'. This poster is a relatively new poster as it was published in 2016, it shows the title of the TV series in red bold writing at the top of the poster with a group of children riding bikes along the surface of the masthead which suggests this series is based around a group of adventurous children. Below the masthead is the alphabet hung up on some sort of line but has the letters N, R and U in red while the others are in black and these letters spell the word 'run' so therefore i believe that this series is a series in the genre of horror. If I was to see this poster somewhere it would intrigue me into wanting to watch this series as it shows a group of children in a horror based series which does seem exciting and interesting.













This poster is advertising the city of London, as it has the name of the city in the top left corner of the poster in black, bold text and in red is like a mood board of all the different sights you will be able to see around London. However, they are all merged together very closely you are not able to see the different sights clearly enough to understand what the majority of them are. Even though I know the different sights to see around London and if I seen this poster around it would not make me want to go visit London as it is unclear about the different things you can do within the city.









This a poster that is advertising a festival, called 'Bestival'. The title itself seems to be an advertisement as it replaces the F from festival with a B and creates the word 'best-ival' suggesting that this festival is supposedly the best. Bestival is a festival that is based in Dorset, England. This has the name of the festival on it in the top left corner of it, it is filled with numerous colours so it look appealing, it has the link where the audience can purchase tickets from which is very helpful because it allows the audience to be able to purchase a ticker and attend the event, it has the location and date of the event underneath the title so that the audience know where and when it is. Also, it has the lineup of what artists are playing in this festival. If I was to see this poster it would immediately catch my eye and i would consider purchasing a ticket because it looks like a professionally made poster which suggests that the festival itself will be professional and looks like a good day out for the family.



I chose this magazine as it is based in the UK and also it is a football magazine and in the UK football is the most popular sport. The title of this magazine is also the title of a TV show and it is where a panel of people go over the football matches and analyse them. So, this magazine is also a way of advertising that TV show. If I was to see this magazine in the store I would consider purchasing it as I would consider myself a football fan, so that would intrigue me into buying this magazine. Also, on the main cover image are some of the best/iconic footballers in this generation which would further intrigue me into buying this magazine. Furthermore, the excess of bright colours on the front cover would also catch the eye of young children and that would make them consider wanting to buy this magazine and then would increase their interest in football.




See the source image


This is another sport magazine but aimed for customers who are fans of boxing or if they want to "build muscle". The title is 'Forever Sports' so this suggests that this magazine will have aspects of all the sports or it creates different magazines based on different sports. For me, this magazine is very appealing because boxing is a sport that I am a fan of. The magazine sells itself because it has numerous selling lines and the main cover image being possibly one of the best boxers in the history of the sport Floyd Mayweather. This iconic boxer would further intrigue me into buying this magazine and above his name it states "hanging out with" which suggests that he has done an interview with this magazine and it would make me want to buy this magazine to see this role models insights and would make me watch boxing more often than I do.
This is a magazine called 'reveal' that looks like it is a magazine based on the headline news of celebrities and even the title itself suggests that it reveals any hidden news that hasn't been made public yet. The main headline has the noun 'bombshell' which means something surprising has happened, this would excite people into knowing the exact story behind what happened. However, if I was to see this magazine in the store I wouldn't consider purchasing it as it doesn't appeal interesting to me, it is not something I have the will to read about. In contrast, at a neutral point I would consider buying this magazine as it would be something I would find interesting and exciting to read about.




Image result for uk magazines

This is a magazine called 'vogue' that looks like it is a magazine based on the headline of the magazine it seems to be about fashion and in particular summer fashion as it says 'summer hit list' below the title on the right. The main headline says 'more dash than cash' which suggests that this magazine is about advertising more 'summery' clothes but at a low price but does seem to be aimed at generally female audiences. However, if I was to see this magazine in the store I wouldn't consider purchasing it as it doesn't appeal interesting to me, it is not something I have the will to read about because I am a male so therefore wouldn't have any purpose for me to buy it. In contrast, at a neutral point I would consider buying this magazine as it would be something I would find interesting and exciting to read about because it is a way to buy clothes for the summer at a low price



 This is a magazine called 'best' that looks like it is a magazine based on the health and fitness of the audience as suggested by the headline that is directly underneath the title and it says 'diet special' and the title itself suggests that it is a good magazine to purchase if you are wanting to get that 'summer body blitz'. This magazine would be aimed to someone who wants to slim down or even anyone who just wants to be healthy and a high standard of fitness and if I was to see this magazine in the store I would purchase it because I am strongly for the health and wellbeing of myself and therefore this would be a very suitable magazine for me to purchase and follow for me to get at a healthy stage and maintaining that level of fitness. 



This billboard is a method of protest against the use of dog racing. It says "greyhounds...raced to death". Greyhounds are the breed of dogs that are used to race and are known for being killed in order to race and people are believed to be trying to stop dog racing. This billboard is trying to get people to notice what happens to dogs behind the scene as they are killed and help to stop this from continuing. If I was to drive past this billboard I would visit the link that is shown in the bottom right corner and join the campaign to stop dog racing as I get the feeling of sympathy for the dogs and dog racing needs to be put to an end.
This billboard is one that is advertising the safety of drivers by using the betting company 'PaddyPower'. It shows a 3D car hanging out of the billboard with the caption being 'Tiger's arrived...hope his driving improves' this statement along with the image appears to be a safety precaution that has the message of don't bet and drive because it is dangerous. If I was to drive past this billboard I would think twice about betting on my phone when behind the wheel or even going on my phone. I think this billboard does it for me as it shows the consequences that are possible for going on your   phone and betting which is encouraging enough to understand that betting while driving and even   going on your phone at all is a bad idea for anyone who is driving

This billboard is piece of propaganda against the leadership of Theresa May at PM. It shows an image of Theresa May and has the caption 'I am a threat'. This implies the need/want resignation of Theresa May because she is seen as a threat. If I was to see this billboard at a neutral point of view I would also have the want for Theresa May to resign because she is seen as a threat to the citizens of the UK and a threat is not a  good thing so she will need to resign.
This style of print media is a bus livery, that is advertising a film called 'a whale of a time'. This sort of title is also an expression of a good time and as suggested by the image it is about an actual whale, so therefore it is about the good times of a whale. If I was to see this bus livery I think that I personally wouldn't go see this film as it seems to be a children based film as suggested by the style of animation and also because this sort of livery doesn't actually sell the film, it just says when it comes out and the name of it. However, if I was one to have a child I would consider going to see this film as it seems to be a child friendly film and something they would enjoy.



I picked this newspaper as it is my local newspaper called the 'Liverpool echo' as stated in the top left corner of the cover. On the front cover is the logo of my favourite football team, with the headline 'trust us' and above this has a little insight of what the story is about, the term 'trust us' is a part of direct address to the audience who support the football team Liverpool, that is asking/telling them to trust the club. If I was to see this newspaper in the store I think I would consider buying it as it is my local newspaper and the fact that the main story in this newspaper is about something I have a deep interest for.























This newspaper is called the 'daily mirror' and the adjective 'daily' suggests that this is a newspaper that has different versions, with different stories for each day. The headline story states 'stop your kids from eating crisps'. This use of direct address is aimed towards the parents of a child and is for the health of that child which would automatically intrigue the audience into buying this newspaper as it is for the health of ones child. Also, the use of colloquialism with the term 'kids' instead of children also makes the audience want to buy it because more often than not they use the term kid(s) over child(ren) and because it says stop your kids eating crisps then it is about the health of ones child which a parent will always want to improve and if there is something in this newspaper can help the health and wellbeing of their child then it would give them all the reason in the world to buy this newspaper. If I was to see this newspaper I would consider buying it as it is aimed to look after children.




















Comments

  1. Excellent research and analysis Sean.
    Well done indeed.

    Can you please complete your newspaper section tabloid/ broadsheet, leaflets and analyse the covers too
    A couple of paragraphs for each please.

    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent research and analysis Sean.
    Well done indeed.

    Can you please complete your newspaper section tabloid/ broadsheet, leaflets and analyse the covers too
    A couple of paragraphs for each please.

    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

unit 3

KNOW IT 249

3 uk tv adverts